Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our BFP Story!

I have obviously been pretty absent the past few months. As many of you already probably know, I am almost 30 weeks pregnant with our little boy, Lane Marshall. And frankly, it couldn't have come as more of a surprise. I've been reluctant to share our story, more out of fear than anything else, because well...I'm just not used to good things happening. So for the longest time, I felt like it would keep the bad juju out. But I'm beyond ecstatic, and a mere 73 days from birth, so it's time.

With the loss we had in April, I was instructed by my reproductive endocrinologist to take a break from my meds to let my body have a chance to clear itself out. I was bummed when I found that out, especially because we were on vacation in Florida, but I could understand the rationale. Basically we were looking a 2 solid months of stress-free baby dancing.

Fast forward to the first weekend of June: we were in Columbus having a night out with our friends, C & A. Think bowling, arcades, and a lot of alcohol. I had ovulation pains, but since I wasn't taking any meds, figured I didn't release any eggs. Until I got this on June 19th:



(Please ignore the Mojo hair on my bathroom counter)

I was terrified! Three days prior I was in the ER for my neck and got some pretty heavy narcotics for the pain, as well as a regular regimen of oral narcotics. I thought for sure I had ruined my baby before he/she was even born. The nurse at the doctor's office assured me that it was still early, and that our mom's probably dropped acid, and we turned out slightly psychotic completely normal. My doctors have assured me that it was residual meds left in my system that resulted in this baby, but I still get people telling me "I told you when you stopped trying, you'd get pregnant." Those people? I WANT TO PUNCH RIGHT IN THE FACE.


And then I fell even more in love:







So far so good! My pregnancy has been pretty uncomplicated except for a bad case of sciatica which landed me in physical therapy. So be sure to look for more blog posts in the future! I don't think I will continue on Facebook after baby is born, so many of my updates on baby will be posted here (and lots of pics on Instagram of course!). As a friend from high school put it, "my baby will not be famous on Facebook".

Have a wonderful weekend! Go Bucks!

Love and Babydust :)


No comments:

Post a Comment